We are so excited that you chose to stay with Global Resort Homes this holiday season! Below we put together a list of all of our staff’s favorite activities to do around this holiday so that you get the inside scoop on all the activities happening around Orlando. If you’re needing some last minute plans then look no further!
- The Snowfall in Celebration: This free event is the perfect way to end your day, getting ready for Christmas morning. Each night, Celebration has a “snowfall” where it’ll turn the streets of Florida into a magical blizzard. You’ll hear your favorite Christmas songs along the streets as you dream about the morning. This event is the perfect place to take your family and friends.
- The Boardwalk at Disney: We love to come here each and every year to see the lights and Disney decorations of The Boardwalk. Walk around the lake, eat at the restaurants and finish your day off at Beaches and Cream with a yummy ice-cream cone. The Boardwalk allows you to see the fireworks from Epcot while having space to move and walk around. Be sure to try the Flying Fish restaurant too!
- Disney Springs: Although this is one of the busier locations, we still love coming here to look at all the gorgeous Christmas trees and decorations. The shopping is world-class and the Christmas day deals cannot be beat. Not only that but on the day of, Disney will have musicians playing music all throughout the day.
- Light Up UCF: Just east of Orlando, you will find the campus of UCF! Each year, UCF puts on an incredible light show where you and your family will be left in amazement. Playing your favorite tunes, you’ll be able to hear songs and sounds of the season with a live band. There will also be an ice-skating rink so you can feel as though you’re truly up north even though you’re in the middle of Orlando!
- Grand Floridian Gingerbread House: Each year, we love to head to the Grand Floridian at Disney and look at their gorgeous decorations. Their annual tradition is to set up a giant gingerbread house which is absolutely breathtaking (you can even buy a few pieces at the store!) You can also grab afternoon tea here as well. This will make you truly feel in the Christmas spirit!